Job ID: 3198
Location: Burnaby, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Agreement Specialist is responsible for the development and issuance of a variety of operating agreements and related documents for a wide range of housing programs delivered and managed by BC Housing’s non-profit and private sector partners. This role involves understanding the requirements of internal business areas, program frameworks and project elements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Bachelor degree or advanced diploma in public policy, social sciences, law, business administration or other relevant discipline
- Minimum three years experience in drafting and interpreting agreements or similar documents, or in the preparation and management of agreements, preferably in a role related to housing or in a public sector environment
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Social Housing Agreements and related social housing programs at the federal and provincial levels is an asset
- Sound knowledge and understanding of BC Housing agreement templates and programs
- Sound understanding and skill working with document management tools and relevant computer database systems, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to analyse contractual requirements and prepare contracts, and provide advice and guidance
- Ability to seek out required information problem solve routine and non-routine matters
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships externally and within the organization, and exhibit diplomacy and tact in the resolution of issues
- Ability to perform in a demanding atmosphere under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with government staff, legal counsel, industry stakeholders, and internal staff
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers