COORDINATOR, EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Job ID: 3219
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
COORDINATOR, EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Reporting to the Advisor External Relations, the Coordinator External Relations is responsible for coordinating issues and correspondence that come to the attention of Executive Office from the Ministry or Minister’s Office primarily related to matters pertaining to housing applicants, tenants, housing partners, other community organizations and the general public. The Coordinator works with the Executive Office team, as well as staff from other Branches, to help resolve issues or prepare correspondence. The incumbent brings forward matters that require immediate action and responds quickly and thoroughly to Ministry and senior management requests and enquiries from the public. The position may also undertake assignments to support other Executive Office activities such as carrying out research, preparing reports and making recommendations for senior management and the Board of Commissioner on a variety of confidential and sensitive corporate, planning and governance issues and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Communications or related discipline.
- Sound experience in strategic communications planning, research and issues management within a fast paced, complex environment;
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of providing senior level support in a large size organization.
- Sound knowledge of social housing and social policy.
- Sound knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Ability to plan and manage projects, meet deadlines and identify key milestones or measures of success.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in conducting research and preparing reports and other materials concerning confidential matters, including Minister’s letters, information regarding government initiatives and new program development.
- Ability to display tact, initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including housing applicants, tenants, non-profit and co-op housing partners, Ministry personnel and constituency offices.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills in Windows-based software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
More search results
Film & Special Events Assistant
Tenant Support Worker
Indigenous Education Workers’
Make a Future - Careers in BC Education
Provost and Vice-President Academic
Tenure Track, Associate Professor: Chair in Mine …
Queen's University: The Robert M. Buchan Department of Mining