Sr. Software Engineer
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team responsible for developing next generation multi-spectral (infrared, low light and visible light) imaging systems. Candidates must be self-motivated, able to work independently on complex systems and collaborate in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
REPORTS TO: Technical Director - Software
BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or applicable technical field. A minimum of 5 years of relevant software engineering experience is required.
A successful candidate will have experience that demonstrates the ability to design and implement complex software subsystems. This experience should include all phases of the software development life cycle, from product inception, through design, implementation, new product introduction and support.
Complete command of the C/C++ programming language is required. Exposure to object-oriented design methods and concepts is required. Familiarity with software development, configuration management and bug tracking tools is assumed.
Candidates with specific experience and skills in the following areas are preferred:
- The ability to design and implement real-time, embedded, software systems, using asymmetric multiprocessing techniques, in a multithreaded environment. Exposure to commercial, real-time operating systems (e.g. VxWorks, ThreadX, MQX, FreeRTOS, etc.) and Linux. Familiarity with the Qt Application Framework, particularly using QML.
- Design and implementation of real-time image processing algorithms. For example, point functions, convolution filters, color correction, dead pixel replacement, detail enhancement, image scaling, image warping, super-resolution, Gaussian noise reduction, impulse noise reduction, computer vision and/or video analytics.
- Implementation of convolutional neural networks as applied to object detection, recognition, and identification; or to video or image processing, particularly in a real-time environment.
- Experience implementing complex serial and packetized protocols on Ethernet, MS1553, ARINC, CAN, and/or serial connections, such as TCP/IP, RTP, NMEA, ISA, or JSON.
- Experience with 3D graphics rendering engines, especially in the area of augmented reality.
- Experience with real-time video streaming, including hardware-accelerated compression, transport, MISB metadata management, multicast, and quality of service management.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.