Server and Storage Engineer
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Server and Storage Engineer assists with designing, developing and troubleshooting server and data storage systems, processes and enhancements for company's complex high traffic, business critical and network-based (cloud) product systems. Supports the design of enterprise server and storage environments, including enterprise physical and virtual servers, enterprise storage arrays, fiber channel switches and Network Attached Storage (NAS) physical and virtual tape devices. Develops solutions and processes for reliable and stable data storage management, security, backup, restoration, archiving and replication. Assists with the implementation of new or additional storage technology to improve infrastructure service locally and remotely.
- Support the following functions: design, implement, troubleshoot, operate and audit server and storage platforms, backup lifecycle, including policy contribution, infrastructure design, and deployment of backup hardware across the enterprise.
- Monitor data center environment (server and storage), analyze availability, usage trends and system performance; respond to alerts; analyze device data to identify trends; prepare and execute monthly remediation plans to maximize system up-time and performance while controlling cost
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Design, implement and audit Enterprise Server and Storage Lifecycle including all aspects of routine maintenance for the data center environment
- Design, implement, and Manage Disaster Recovery Processes
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- Maintain clean, tidy, orderly data center
- An experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Ability to rack normal server and storage equipment
- Microsoft Windows Server proficiency with Linux or Unix experience preferred
- Preferred previous experience with Compellent, PureStorage & Exagrid
- Requires a minimum of 3 - 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1-3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Networking Topologies and Protocols (TCP/IP and FC)
- Storage Protocols (iSCSI, NFS, SMB)
- Storage Hardware (SCSI, SATA, SAS, FC)
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare)
- After hours and weekend on-call support as required
- Must be able to read and write in English
- US Person status is required: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident status
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.