Welder - 2nd or 3rd shift
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Perform welding and metal preparation tasks such as sanding and grinding configurations.
- Fabricate, fit, and cut to meet blueprint standards
- Perform GMAW and/or FCAW welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Trim, file, grind, sand, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Operate and understand all equipment within the work area (cell).
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques.
- Inspect assembly/components for conformance of specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics (blueprints) and work orders.
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
- Perform rework as required.
- Maintain daily time records and any additional required records/documentation.
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in continuous improvement events.
- Move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
- Effectively train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices to include proper use and care of PPE
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Shows commitment to Altec core values.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Welding Tech Degree or 2+ yrs of applicable welding experience-may consider if degree in process.
- AWS D.1.1 weld certification within three months of hire
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Vocational training
- State certification
- Experience in FCAW and/or GMAW
- Knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Manufacturing/Production processes
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.