Junior Mining Engineer/Technician
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior Mining Engineer or Technician to join our Underground structure team in Canada.
The successful candidate will provide analysis, planning, input to design, and construction expertise for mining and tunneling projects. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your mining/ surveying/ structural design skills and knowledge to a variety of projects.
An overview of your role will include:
- Working with Golder's project teams, clients and subcontractors to provide technical support for a variety of shaft, decline and civil tunneling programs;
- Involvement in various aspects of proposal preparation, technical report writing, and project planning, analysis, design, and construction;
The range of tasks could include:
- Inspection of underground concrete and steel structures
- Design of underground structures and ground support.
- Underground surveying such as control point installation, topographic surveys and stake outs.
- Operation and maintenance of small tools and equipment typical of an underground construction site.
- Literature review of novel tunneling and shaft sinking materials or processes;
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance during mine access projects - site reporting; and
- Assisting with preparing tender and construction contracts and providing support during construction.
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's Applied Science or Engineering - Mining, Civil or Geological Engineering, or Diploma in Mining or Civil Technology;
- Able to work towards registration with APEGBC / ASTT or APEGS / SASTT;
- Must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid Class 5 driver's license in Canada (or equivalent) with a safe driver's record;
- Hand's on underground construction experience obtained during studying would be preferred.
- Experience with simple analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and drafting and modelling software packages (e.g., AutoCAD), is considered an asset; and,
- Experience with proposal preparation, engineering design, technical writing, project reporting and construction management is considered an asset.
- Client focused;
- Committed to technical excellence;
- Critical thinking skills for on-site problem solving;
- Commitment to working long hours as necessary to complete critical phases of projects;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Able to assist with carrying out manual labour on-site as required; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.