Mechanical Construction Engineer
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Construction Engineer - Mechanical for expert technical support at an industrial project located outside of Birmingham, Alabama comprising dredging and construction of a slurry processing plant. This position is a site-based position for a period of 18 months with the possibility of a 4 year extension when the project enters into and operations and maintenance phase.
This position will bring the successful candidate significant opportunity for continued professional growth. Candidates should have at least 5 years in the industrial or manufacturing sector. The successful candidate will be involved in the quality assurance and field engineering of mechanical and electrical systems for a dredging operation, slurry processing facility and high-pressure deposition pipeline.
The Candidate Will:
- Work independently and display leadership in scheduling and completing tasks
- Contribute to projects with major focus on the successful construction and integration of electrical, mechanical and structural components with a keen understanding of large format pumps
- Make complex decisions of with consideration of appropriately complex inputs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare specifications, reports, calculations, and technical evaluations
- Support the construction manager, quality manager and design leads
- Provide direction and markups to CAD drafters on equipment layouts, process flow diagrams, plant piping and interconnecting electrical line diagrams.
- Provide quality checks
- Provide engineering support and field direction during construction
The successful candidate will have a background in:
- This position is for a Mechanical Construction Engineer that requires a keen understanding of large format pumps, settling tanks, high pressure tailings pipelines and related structural components.
- Minimum 8 years engineering experience in the mining or other process-oriented industry (mining experience preferred)
- Minimum BS or post-secondary degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel internationally as required to inspect off-site manufacturing facilities
- Field engineering of industrial mechanical systems with solid knowledge of medium voltage electrical infrastructure
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary, multi-trade construction setting
- Field experience in checkout, start-up and commissioning of industrial process plants
- PE license or eligibility is a plus
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Manager, Stakeholder & Community Outreach
City of Toronto
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering