Pre-Sales Cloud Technology Consultant - Microsoft Security
- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro Cloud
Technology Consultant - Microsoft Security
Ingram Micro Cloud (IMC) has a great opportunity for a Technology Consultant that enjoys and excels at helping IT reseller Partners develop new practices on the Microsoft Modern Workplace Security stack to grow their profitability. It involves taking a depth approach with high propensity Partners and spending time to enable, unblock and accelerate their practice from a technical perspective.
Why join us?
Ingram Micro Cloud (IMC) is a master cloud service provider, offering channel partners access to an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, the world's largest cloud automation platform and proven enablement programs. Ingram Micro is the largest Microsoft distribution partner globally and is looking for an experienced pro to join our team as a Cloud Technology Consultant focused on helping our Partners grow their Microsoft Modern Workplace Security practice.
Ingram Micro is looking for a self-starter with experience in B2B technology consultation confident enough to act as a trusted technical advisor to our best partners. An ideal candidate will have experience architecting and deploying B2B security / cybersecurity solutions that allows them to be a "consultant" to our channel Partners. The ultimate goal of this technical leader is to help an assigned set of Microsoft Partners build a security practice with Ingram Micro and be wildly successful.
As a Cloud Technology Consultant for Microsoft Security you will be responsible for:
- Guiding partners through our Microsoft Security practice program and enabling their success.
- Providing direction and specialist knowledge in applying Microsoft Modern Workplace cloud security technologies to end-customers' business requirements.
- Growing customer product understanding through presentations and demonstrations that accentuate the value Modern Workplace Security can deliver to customers.
- Build reseller relationships and gain trusted status for collaboration and business planning.
- Comprehensively educate Partners on best in class Cloud Security solutions to facilitate the building of a practice in the areas of Microsoft Cloud Security.
- Raise the Microsoft Cloud Security technical proficiency of the Partner to win more business through sound product and technical focus and market relevance.
- Assisting reseller Partners in winning new Microsoft Cloud Security end-customers and successfully deploying solutions that delight end-customers and lead to Partner success.Acting as the Microsoft Cloud Security SME for Ingram sales and provide training that builds their confidence identifying prospective Partners and articulating the value of Microsoft Cloud Security.
- Leverage and promote teamwork to deliver comprehensive technology solutions.
- Partner Education and Enablement = 40%
- Drive End-customer Wins so Partners "learn by example" = 30%
- Team Leadership and Sales Support = 20%
- Strategic Planning = 10%
- 4-8 years of sales engineering building technical solutions for customers preferably with security technology.
- Proven ability to achieve industry standard technical certifications and exams; preferably related to Microsoft Security or similar technology
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Thorough technical knowledge of the cloud security space
- Knowledge of the cloud/SaaS market including the strengths/weaknesses of competitors globally.
- Ability to travel 40-50% of time.
- A BS technical degree or equivalent, advanced technical degree highly desirable.
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law