Senior Civil Engineer
- Alexco Environmental Group Inc.
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Provide civil engineering design and technical support for remediation and reclamation projects.
- Prepare study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Review project documents and drawings for technical quality and accuracy
- Prepare design work packages including scope, duration, and level of effort estimates.
- Prepare signed/sealed engineering deliverables as a Professional of Record (PoR)
- Support risk analysis with project management.
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and safety compliance through design;
- Support the development of project proposals for existing and future customers;
- Build and maintain great client relationships through ongoing communication and understanding of client goals;
- Travel to potential and existing work sites to interface with on-site staff, vendors, customers, and regulatory personnel;
- Provide technical input to projects within your area(s) of expertise;
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior engineering team members.
- Interface and communicate with project managers on scheduling and design requirements
- Manage special projects that support the broad-based needs of a rapidly expanding company
- All other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineering designation required.
- Minimum 10 or more years of engineering experience in civil engineering design.
- Previous experience in mining or mine reclamation considered an asset.
- Experience in project management including estimating, cost control, and project administration.
AEG has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alexco Resource Corp. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Alexco Environmental Group believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.See job description