3rd Shift Material Handler - Forklift/Inventory Control
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To receive, stock and ship material to support production needs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
- Locate and deliver parts and components to lines using forklift.
- Monitor materials on Kanban and turn-in as needed
- Prepare shipments and complete all necessary communications and transactions.
- Receive, count, inspect shipments and move to proper locations physically and within the system.
- Load outgoing and unload incoming shipments
- Interact with vendors and shippers in a professional and safe manner
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Transport hazardous material as needed
- Routinely inspect fork truck daily.
- Support the Altec Production System (APS)
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
- Maintain daily time records
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
- Computer knowledge required.
- Previous material handling experience is desired.
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
- Ability to obtain forklift certification if required
- CDL may be required based on location
- Basic Hand Tools (wrenches, sockets, hammers, pliers, etc.)
- Knife / Razors
- Overhead crane
- Tape Measurers
- Pallet Jack/Hand truck
- Shrink wrap machine
Postions available on 1st and 3rd Shift
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.