Shop Service Supervisor
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Enable the success of Technicians who maintain and repair the Altec product line. Assume responsibility for developing the skills and knowledge of the technicians and for providing a safe, environmentally compliant work environment for all.
Take a Career Step!
- Work for an industry leader that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, sells, and services its own products.
- Altec specializes in hydraulic utility equipment including aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Join a company with a history of continuous growth and a team-focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement, a company with financial stability, making strategic investments in its future.
Altec's Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Education, Experience, and Skills
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Four-year college degree OR
- Min 2 years of supervisory experience at another manufacturing or service operation (other than Altec) required
In addition to one of the above,
- Strong computer skills are required
- Mechanical aptitude is required, with knowledge of hydraulic schematics helpful
- Able to obtain a DOT card and a current valid Driver's License
Successful supervisors have a passion for customer service and for helping others. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment, where organization and flexibility are necessary skills.
- Enable continuous training for new and current technicians.
- Ensure quality repair and maintenance of equipment, such that all jobs are completed with regard to Altec's values while achieving customer goals.
- Have safety and environmental considerations and regulations figure prominently in mindset and practice.
- Ensure efficient and effective work methods and scheduling.
- Champion and implement process improvement.
Foster team spirit in concert with Altec Values to maintain a successful Service Group within the overall Altec organization.
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.