Sr IC Analog Design Engineer
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Lead analog designer of infrared image sensor arrays. Responsible for taking customer inputs to define IC specifications. As part of the design phase determines architecture, timing, entire analog signal path as well as chip level electrical and mechanical interfaces. Performs performance analysis including noise, power and variability. Responsible for all analog design in the IC from transistor level simulations to full-chip analysis. Technically leads a small team of engineers working on the same project. Presents designs and trades for peer and customer reviews. Works with test and systems engineers through characterization of final products .
- Flow down and documentation customer requirements
- Develop IC specifications
- Prepare written proposals and Statement of Work
- Develop IC design concept, floor plan and performance analysis
- Perform analog design, timing design, and detailed analog simulations
- Perform noise analysis to predict image performance.
- Generation of IC design documentation
- Customer interface and design review presentations
- Adherence to detailed analog IC design process
- Coordination with design team, analog design, and full custom IC cell layout
- Provide complete detailed final documentation to enable test engineering to develop test hardware and software to test IC as required
- Responsible for ensuring correct design implementation based on foundry PDK
- IC Device Test Support; Provide assistance (as required) to test engineering to perform test verification
· Attention to Detail required to perform detailed design process
· Collaboration and Teamwork required to coordinate with design team
· Knowledge of the following areas required:
o Full Custom IC Layout Design
o Imaging Systems and Electro-Optical Components
o Analog design for CMOS technology
o Circuit Topology
o Schematic capture and simulation
o Expertise of MOS model (weak & strong inversion models), bipolar model and MOS noise model desired
o Experience using simulation tools such as SPICE desired
o Experience using cadence and troubleshooting issues with cadence.
o Experience developing standard libraries for new process nodes within the cadence environment.
· The motivation to Continuously Learn modern design methods desired
· Analytical Problem Solving skills required, in order to develop practical solutions and solve technical problems while performing complex IC designs.
· Organization, Planning & Execution and Attention to Detail required to ensure adherence to detailed analog IC design process
· Organization, Planning & Execution required, to meet program schedules and project milestones
· Strong Communication Skills and Good Presentation required to support customer presentations. i.e. PDR, CDR
· Innovation; must have the ability to develop new ideas and/or creative designs using innovative methodologies and/or concepts
· Decision Making ; Must be self directing and possess the ability to make decisions based on problem analysis and evaluation of alternatives, risks and consequences
· Design Rule Standards – Responsible for the update and verification of modifications to design rules for CMOS processes.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- B.S. in EE or Physics required, M.S., or PhD in EE or Physics desired
- 5-10 years of experience in IC design
- Circuit topology
- Analog design for CMOS technology
- Schematic capture and SPICE simulation
- Communication, collaboration and teamwork required to be a technical leader of a small design team
- Attention to detail required to perform detailed design process
- Written communication to document performance and design trades
- Verbal communication and presentation skills to present designs and trades
- Experience with imaging systems and electro-optical components
- Definition of IC architecture and timing
- Small signal analysis
- Noise performance analysis including switched circuit noise
- Analysis of layout parasitic effects
- Foundry interface
- Understanding and installing foundry PDKs
- Tape out process
- Testing and debugging of IC hardware
- Customer interface
- Communication and relationships with customer
- Understanding customer requirements to generate IC specifications
- Proficient in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- DROIC experience
- Column Parallel ADC experience
- PLL experience
- High Speed I/O and data multiplexing experience
- IR sensor and camera system requirement experience
- Defining Read-Out Integrated Circuit (ROIC) architecture and timing
- Experience with ICs interfacing to bolometer IR detectors
- Experience with ICs interfacing to photon IR detectors (InGaAs, InSb, MCT, QWIP, SLS)
- IC floor planning
- Cadence Virtuoso software experience
- Coding background
- Familiarity with Quality Systems (ISO9001)
- Familiarity with ISO26262
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.