- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for an experienced Risk Assessor to join our Contaminated Land team on a full-time basis based in Melbourne. This role will support Golder's national team of toxicologists, risk assessors and environmental risk professionals. The successful candidate will work with senior professionals and be provided with opportunities for mentoring and technical development.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct literature searches, reviews and interpretation of scientific information (e.g., biology, chemistry, toxicology and ecotoxicology studies)
- Assist with the collection of data that supports contaminated site investigations, chemical assessments, human health and ecological risk assessments
- Manage and evaluate chemical and biological datasets of moderately complexity and generate statistical metrics, and run simple models
- Manage the preparation and presentation of moderately complex data outputs (such as graphs, pie charts, box plots)
- Undertake quality assurance and validation data checking
- Contribute to the preparation of human health and ecological risk assessment reports
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals that relate to risk assessment and/or contaminated site investigations
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an environmental or related science (eg Bachelor or higher degree in environmental science, engineering, toxicology, biology, chemistry, ecotoxicology)
- Several years' relevant experience (previous environmental consulting experience desirable)
- Contaminated land consulting experience (highly regarded)
- Detail orientated and strong quantitation skills
- Extensive experience in working with Excel
- Experience using data visualisation tools and software
- Experience in use of modelling tools to estimate chemical and biological effects and/or contaminant migration
- Python, R, statistics or similar experience
- Demonstrated report-writing skills
- Team oriented
- A passion for learning
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.