- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Altec has an immediate opportunity for Maintenance Mechanics in Creedmoor, NC.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Take a Career Step Forward!
- Altec Inc. is a company with a history of continuous growth and a team focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement. It is a financially stable company that makes intelligent and strategic investments in its future.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
- Work in a safety-focused manufacturing facility that reached 6.9 million hours without a lost time accident!
- Work on state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment - robotic welders, CNC
- Thrive in a positive and team-oriented environment
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
- Follow all safety regulations for the individual as well as other employees, including keeping the work area clean and in orderly condition as well as wearing all appropriate safety attire for the job that is being performed.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Perform safety repairs throughout the building.
- Perform various facility maintenance throughout the building.
- Respond to hazardous waste incidents or releases due to release of hazardous waste or hazardous materials until HAZMAT officials arrive on the scene.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Two years of general maintenance experience is required to work in this position.
TOOLS: Hand tools, voltage meters, power tools, diagnostic tools, chisels, measuring tools.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES: Crane, forklift, power washer, saw, sander, man lift.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Electrical, electronic, hydraulic, welding, carpentry, and plumbing background, mechanical skills, industrial maintenance skills, ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, perform accurate measurements.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Forklift operator license, Ability to obtain Arch Flashing Certification and HAZWOP Certification.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.