- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical Engineering team on a full-time basis based in Victoria, BC.
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing technical direction to project engineers on multi-discipline projects
- Work with Golder's clients to develop long-term business relationships
- Collaborating with other members of the geotechnical groups in other Golder offices in a business development role
- Providing team building and leadership
- Supervision, training and mentoring of junior staff
- Implementation of quality control and assurance requirements for professional services assignments
- Providing senior review of technical reports, proposals and communications
- Managing technical and financial aspects of geotechnical assignments for both small and large projects
You will have a background in:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in geotechnical, geological or civil engineering
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of geotechnical consulting engineering experience
- Registration, or eligibility for registration, as a Professional Engineer in the Province of British Columbia
- Experience in problem-solving with common industry commercial computer software for foundation design, slope stability and finite element/difference analyses
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience with and aptitude for business and client development
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Be well versed in risk assessment and general Health & Safety requirements
- Demonstrated experience with solving field construction testing and engineering problems
- Experience with professional services and construction contracts and with specification writing and implementation
- Experience on complex highway and rail transportation projects will be an asset
- Experience with a range of Project Management technical and financial responsibilities
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle with appropriate registration and insurance
- Be available for local and international business travel and extended working hours when required
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.