- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a fulltime Entry-Level CAD Technician to support civil and environmental projects in our Jacksonville, Florida office.
An overview of your role:
The CAD Technician will assist the professional and technical staff of the various civil, mechanical and ground engineering disciplines. We are a design-intensive office and having a can-do, hands-on approach is a benefit as well as the ability to work well with others and adopt and adhere to CAD standards.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work closely with the various civil and ground engineering disciplines in providing engineering 2D and 3D drafting services.
- Prepare engineering plans, profiles, sections, and details, for design, tender, construction, and asâ€'constructed drawing sets; and figures for proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Compile 3D surfaces representing various ground engineering features such as graded terrain, tailings depositions, haul roads, dams, open pits, quarries, landfills, channels, and ponds.
- Communicate closely with team members
- Certification or Diploma from an accredited Technical School or College in CADD/Engineering technology, or equivalent required
- 0-4 yearsâ€™ experience
- Practical knowledge of the following primary software is essential: AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Desirable CADD skills include manual 2D and 3D drafting with topography, competency with AutoCAD, familiarity with Sheet Sets and the Sheet Set Manager, image overlays, coordinate conversions, and CAD document production
- Basic understanding of Civil 3D
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solver with the ability to identify other alternate solutions
- Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and respond to the needs of several people
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golderâ€™s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.