Manufacturing Implementation Engineer
- Mars Incorporated
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Bolton, ON, CA, L7E 4W4
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 249775
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments - Petcare, Mars Wrigley Confectionary and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the planet, through our performance.
Mars Global Food is looking for a Manufacturing Implementation Engineer in Bolton, ON.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Global Food Engineering community as a Manufacturing Implementation Engineer. The ambitious food segment growth plans and associated intensive capital investments agenda (CAB) make this a great opportunity for you to contribute and enhance expertise and knowledge of the food technology by implementing break through engineering solutions.
The Engineeris responsible for the development and execution of key projects for the Global Food North American Business. The Engineer is responsible for deploying his/her technical know-how to successfully support the execution of projects to the business that delivers a sustained competitive advantage.
- Project Management of major investment projects on the multiple sites of a North American regional cluster whilst ensuring conformance in close cooperation with the local teams and global technology leads and in line with the site's asset strategy.
- Transferring and applying improvements to new and existing equipment across the sites. Contribute the process of creating and improving Food Segment engineering standards and Project Management best practices.
This is a senior project management role, which will require strong prioritization and influencing skills and an attention to detail. Outputs include:
Manage and execute major projects
- Support project objectives
- Challenge activities not aligned with those objectives
- Contribute to capital project preparation process providing most cost efficient technical solution based on the global standards and in line with the project KPI's including technology and machinery selection, costing, specifications, obtaining offers, negotiation with suppliers, buying plan creation
- Manage cross-functional project team and external suppliers within capital projects execution ensure Safety, Q&FS and legal compliance as well as in line with Mars Project Management best practices.
- Deliver project in time, within the budget and approved scope being responsible for associates and contractor safety within project execution.
- Organize and manage project performance reporting an escalation process
- Preparing project documentation according to Mars & Legal Standards.
- Managing projects across multiple sites and segment technologies
- Technical & Operational integration of the project: Management of all relevant interfaces in multiple/different sites like Maintenance, Controls, Production, QFS (R&D), SES, Logistics, Site Engineering, Central R&D, global and local suppliers
- Apply Functional Specifications delivered by Global Engineering and contribute its continuous improvements process
- Strong Partnership with other aspects of the business to develop effective technical solutions that balance business requirements
- Ensure a safe workplace that produces Quality Product
- Project Management competence to keep projects on Scope, Budget, and timeline
- Drive sustainability agenda to meet site targets.
- Align Stakeholders and effectively resolve issues, escalating when necessary to keep projects on track
- Key Member of Operational Hand-over team that ensures that the equipment is "designed for operation" and meets operational deliverables.
- Engage with Operation and project team members proactively while performing assigned tasks
- Creating Cross-functional collaborative relationships
- In depth understanding of the Site's operations, key challenges, and opportunities
- Providing technical know-how to support the execution of projects
- Managing individual construction contractors during the installation phase of the project
- Contributing to a winning environment which promotes safety, trust and confidence
- Understanding, complying with and reinforcing safety, security and environmental policies
- Understanding and developing skills that support excellence in execution
- Supporting commitments of project scope, time, and budget
- Manage the installation of assigned project work
- Effectively monitor and improve a safe work environment
- Ensure delivery of quality work
- Actively participate in project activities
- Engage customers and ensure satisfaction of agreed objectives
- Providing input into the project development process
- Technical feasibility
- Innovative ideas
- Ideas that provide a sustained technical competitive advantage
- Technical information required for project design
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Processing or related field AND at least 3 years technical experience in a Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline
- In lieu of degree, must have 10+ years technical experience in a Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated strong leadership experience and influencing skills.
- Excellent project management skills as well as extensive experience executing technical projects
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems including packaging automation and controls.
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines: Process, Packaging, Electrical, Construction or Computer Services.
- Experience in CPG.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Successful Completion of a background screen.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Processing or related field
- 6+ years technical experience in a Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of experience working on Lean/TPM projects
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com .
Job Segment: Implementation Manager, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Technology, Engineering