- Mount Laurel,NJ
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Civil Engineer to join our team in Mount Laurel, New Jersey on a fulltime basis. Golder is a strong advocate of the team approach to undertaking projects and problem solving. Accordingly, in this role you will interface with and work in multi-disciplinary teams in which the contribution of each member is equally valued.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Under the direction of senior staff, participate in a wide range of civil engineering projects including solid waste containment, environmental remediation, and infrastructure
- Conduct hydrologic assessments, hydraulic evaluations, design of water diversion and control structures
- Prepare calculation narratives and reports documenting engineering analyses and design
- Prepare project design documents including engineering drawings, specifications, and construction bid documents, permit applications, and engineering cost estimates
- Assist with preparation of proposals with senior technical advice and review
- Manage projects and project tasks under direction of a senior engineer
- Conduct field assignments such as borehole logging, test pit logging, site reconnaissance, and construction quality assurance (CQA) monitoring to support project specific data collection requirements
- Work with a team or with minimal supervision, and with contractors and cross-discipline in-house designers
- Project assignments may include local, national, and international travel with possible short-term or long-term assignments at project sites
The successful candidate may possess the following preferred skills and qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university; an MS is preferred
- Engineer-in Training certificate
- Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain license within two years
- At least four years of work experience in civil engineering
- Strong computer skills and experience with industry standard commercial computer software including: Microsoft Office, Excel, AutoCAD, HydroCAD, PondPack, HEC-RAS, and other relevant engineering software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with excellent analytical and computational abilities, leadership skills, and a positive attitude
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.