- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
We are seeking an entry-level Geologist to support field and consulting activities in our operations in St. Louis, Missouri. Our ideal candidate has a background in Geology, Hydrogeology, or closely related field.
Providing technical support on projects involving geologic and hydrogeologic analyses, environmental assessment, and contaminated site remediation for clients across the power, waste, manufacturing, mining and infrastructure sectors.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with clients and subcontractors.
- Sampling and evaluation of ground/surface water, soil, air, rock core, and wastes
- Supporting subsurface investigations, following instruction and applying soil and rock classifications, drilling and sampling techniques, hydrogeologic aquifer testing procedures, geologic/geotechnical field mapping, and groundwater well installations.
- Completing geologic, hydrogeologic, and environmental field documentation, data interpretation and analysis, database management, and assisting with report preparation.
- Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to oneself and other Golder staff, client's personnel and the public.
- Bachelors in Geology, Hydrogeology, or a closely related field.
- Must have ability to travel up to 75% of the time for out-of-town project opportunities, including periods of more than one week.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasonal weather conditions.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with highly motivated project team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Candidate must be willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment, and able to lift 50 pounds.
Demonstrated experience or qualifications in the following areas is a plus:
- Master's degree in related field
- Preparation of geologic boring logs, groundwater contour maps, and technical reports.
- Implementing and overseeing field investigations.
- Completed 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER course.
- Specialized computer skills including database applications, groundwater and contaminant modeling software, GIS, AutoCAD, and/or gINT.
- Ability to obtain a professional geologist license registration.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 35 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
More search results
Manager, Stakeholder & Community Outreach
City of Toronto
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering