MANAGER OF PORTFOLIO LEASING
Job ID: 3248
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
MANAGER OF PORTFOLIO LEASING
The Manager Portfolio Leasing is responsible for providing a wide range of real estate services relating to the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation’s (PRHC) portfolio of commercial, ground and residential premises leases. Provincial Government’s objective of creating social, affordable and mixed market housing, group homes and specialized facilities and to maximize the social and financial benefits of the commercial spaces within the portfolio. The position generates creative and innovative opportunities and brings partners together to support the
The Manager Portfolio Leasing collaborates with non-profit societies, for-profit organizations, indigenous, federal and local governments and others to fulfill BC Housing’s social and financial objectives in its leased spaces. The position is responsible for leasing, property management, real estate administration, real estate research and analysis; for selecting, retaining and instructing brokers, property managers, lawyers and other professionals and service providers in fulfilling requirements; and for providing advice and consultation to senior BC Housing staff on all real estate leasing matters.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Urban Land Economics / real estate management, development, valuation or financing, business administration, project management, land use planning, or a related field
- Eligibility for certification as an Accredited Appraiser, Canadian Institute (AACI) or Certified Residential Appraiser, Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RIBC) or equivalent designation.
- Considerable experience relating to the transaction, development, evaluation, and/or management of real estate, particularly in leasing, property management and commercial properties. Extensive experience negotiating complex issues through creativity, influence and persuasion.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of real estate appraisal methodology, real estate administration, real estate development, property management, risk management and construction and real property law in BC context.
- Considerable understanding of commercial lease agreements, contract negotiation, and administration.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development, financial management, scheduling, quality assurance and project team coordination.
- Sound knowledge of general accounting practices including capital planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of the law and government policies regarding the duty to consult and accommodate Indigenous groups when considering the disposition of real estate assets.
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs, development, financial and lending policies, specifically relating to the development and administration of real estate assets.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Yardi / Spectra Accounting Software, SAP, JDEdwards or other real estate systems.
- Effective negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Effective planning, organizational and time management and leadership and team building skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions.
- Ability to develop systems to ensure the administration of accounts receivables and payables
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work well with co-workers and trades.
- Ability to coordinate planning, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.