- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We are seeking an Intermediate Air Compliance Engineer to support our Western Canada Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Compliance Business, based in our Vancouver office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the growth of our EHS Compliance business in Western Canada
- Project management of Air, Noise, Greenhouse Gas, Odour and Regulatory Compliance projects in Western Canada with existing and new clients
- Calculation of air and greenhouse gas emissions inventories for various federal and provincial programs
- Develop air and noise dispersion models using industry modelling programs to determine point-of-impingement impacts in support of inventory reports and permit applications
- Validation and Verification of greenhouse gas offset projects and annual inventory reports for clients to report to various federal and provincial bodies
- Supporting GHD’s dedicated stack testing services personnel for air monitoring and stack sampling projects
- Conduct site visits and field activities for projects within Western Canada
- Conducting nuisance odour sampling and testing, including direct odour sampling and odour impact modelling
- Preparation of technical reports summarizing verifications and air, noise and greenhouse inventories
- Work with GHD’s corporate EHS Compliance team on Air Quality, Noise, and Compliance projects, consisting of over 80 engineers and scientists across North America.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Engineering or applicable Science degree
- 5-10 years of work experience, preferably in a consulting practice
- Advanced knowledge in industrial processes including waste management, oil and gas and industrial processes and how air emissions are generated from these operations
- Knowledge of provincial and federal regulations pertaining to air, noise and greenhouse gas (i.e. BC Waste Discharge Regulation, Western Climate Initiative guidance, Alberta Monitoring Directive, Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulations)
- Experience with Air Dispersion Modelling including familiarity with the provincial modelling guidelines and interpretation of air dispersion modelling results
- Experience in air monitoring and/or stack testing projects (i.e. USEPA and Environment Canada methods)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare coherent proposals in plain language addressing client requirements
- Attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
- Ability to complete work under tight deadlines when required
- Proven skills managing significant air compliance projects with multiple staff working as part of a team
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential to this position
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.