- Waterloo, ON,ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We are seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our Linear Infrastructure team in Waterloo, ON. In this role, you will be focused on municipal infrastructure projects such as road reconstruction, trenchless rehabilitation of pipelines and contributing to our wastewater collection and water transmission and distribution projects.
- Responsible for preparing and drawing detailed design drawings
- Execute design calculations for sanitary sewers, storm sewers and watermain
- Preparation of technical memorandum's, letters and reports
- Developing design/construction documents and specifications
- Attend and participate in client/team progress meetings including preparation of meeting records
- Site Inspection and contract administration on municipal construction projects
- Document construction site activities
- Responsible for taking corrective measures following construction site inspection results
- Attend bi-weekly progress meetings with contractors, clients and engineers
- Responsible for the preparation of Contract Change Orders
- Responsible for reviewing and making comments on contractor invoices and also reporting results to Project Manager
Types of Projects:
The variety of projects will be extensive and are typically involving municipal and industrial infrastructure involving the design and construction of water and wastewater systems.
- Municipal road reconstruction
- Water Transmission Systems
- Wastewater Collection Systems
- Sewage Forcemain
- Trenchless Pipeline Projects (Horizontal Directional Drilling, Auger Boring, Tunnelling)
- Road and Underground Infrastructure Reconstruction
- Pipeline Rehabilitation (CIPP, Slip lining, Fold and Form)
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution
- C.E.T., C Tech. or to be obtained within 12months of hire
- Minimum 3 years local experience in: Municipal roads, Water and wastewater distribution and collection systems, or Land development
- Experience and aptitude to work with AutoCAD and Civil 3D. Ability to utilize Microstation considered an asset
- Shall have a good working relationship with local agencies and municipal staff
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Valid G class driver's license is a requirement
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is essential to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.