- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on crafting lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable & balanced development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
The Vancouver, BC office of GHD is growing our team and is looking to add an Environmental Engineer to our fabulous Contaminated Assessments & Remediation team! We work in several different industries including municipal, infrastructure, waste and landfills, water and wastewater, oil and gas upstream and downstream, industrial, pipelines, emergency spill response and energy & resources.
- Working with senior staff in all aspects of project work including project development, scheduling, budgeting, analysis, reporting
- Coordinating and implementing the development of environmental investigation and remedial design work plans, including Phase I and II ESAs and hazardous material assessments
- Working with senior staff in developing viable remedial options for contaminated sites and implementing the remedial work plans
- Coordinating environmental investigation/remedial work plans including the coordination of field activities, managing field personnel, analytical set up and directing subcontractors, completing Phase I ESAs
- Coordinating technical resources and personnel
- Preparing technical reports including Phase I ESAs, environmental investigation reports, remedial alternative / design / action plans, design project specifications, bid documents, and regulatory submissions
- Data compilation, reduction, and interpretation, evaluation of environmental regulations, preparation of environmental reports
- Construction contract administration and management of field oversight staff
- Review, understanding, and interpretation of provincial and federal acts and regulations
- Assisting with business development and preparing proposals
- Some travel to sites throughout BC and Alberta
- Oversight and implementation of field investigations
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in environmental or other relevant engineering along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental engineering
- P.Eng. designation
- Strong understanding and experience of the BC Contaminated Sites Regulation and associated guidance, protocols, etc. is required
- Experience conducting field work, and willingness to travel to undertake field work, is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and lifting up to 50lbs)
- Experience managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Proven project and client management skills are an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication is required to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary package based on qualifications, skills, and experience in a privately held, quality driven, and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.