- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Mechanical Engineer works in project teams to provide a broad range of mechanical expertise designing complex systems and components for integrated solutions meeting military/DOD requirements. The candidate will be responsible for all mechanical designs including packaging, machined, and fabricated components for
electromechanical systems, vibration/shock isolated assemblies, and integration of components onto vehicular platforms. This position includes involvement in prototyping and interfacing with multidisciplinary (software, electrical, programmatic) and manufacturing teams. Responsibilities include planning and tracking your own work schedules.
- Product Development (CAD Design)
- Engineering Analyses (e.g. thermal and vibration)
- Prototype Part Procurement and Assembly
- ASMET/BSME from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in mechanical design and product development
- SolidWorks and EPDM
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly design
- Knowledge of machining practices and what parts can/cannot be created in a machine shop
- Knowledge of sheet metal design practices including strength and tolerancing
- Interface with suppliers or subcontractors during product development to expedite and coordinate part deliveries and resolve design issues with suppliers
- Provide ongoing engineering support for integrated products/systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include technical interactions with clients
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills for integration test or field support
- High energy, proactive orientation; comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Very high mechanical aptitude
- Practical/hands on experience with assembly of electro-mechanical components and systems
- Some travel to customer or subcontractor/partner sites may be required
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Manager, Stakeholder & Community Outreach
City of Toronto
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering