- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position will work closely with the Global Compensation Manager in the design, ongoing management, administration and communication of FLIR’s compensation programs. Primary point of contact for day-to-day compensation administration for assigned FLIR business units. Participates in cross functional teams on compensation-related projects.
· Responsible for the administration of various global compensation programs, including but not limited to focal merit review, short term incentive plans and equity compensation plans
· Primary point of contact for day-to-day compensation issues / questions ranging from policy/procedures to recommendations on promotional increases, etc.
· Support HR business partners, Talent Acquisition partners, HR leadership and managers at all levels by providing compensation analysis and recommendations
· Provide senior level input into annual merit budget and salary structure movement, etc.
· Work closely with HR Technology team to stay current on HRIS system’s features / updates pertaining to compensation
• Works with Benefits team to support Total Rewards philosophies and strategies
· Continuously review and audit new/existing job descriptions and perform job evaluations -- editing job descriptions, leveling, job profile assignment, salary grade assignment, title, FLSA status, etc. and ensure job data accuracy within HR system
· Participate and provide input in the annual configuration of HR system for annual compensation and performance programs
· Independently administer and provide support in the annual global focal, bonus, and potentially equity process
· Deliver training and education to employees and managers on compensation programs, philosophy and administration
· Participate in and manage compensation surveys
· Assist in harmonizing compensation for acquired entities
• Support compensation activities for senior leadership and board of directors
· Ad hoc projects, as requested
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 8 years of progressive compensation experience
· Proficiency in MS Office with a strong understanding of Excel (including charts, graphs, pivot tables and other advanced capabilities) and PowerPoint
• Ability to manipulate large sets of data in complex Excel spreadsheets
· Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
· Must be able to work with highly confidential data and maintain confidentiality at all times
· Absolutely must be a team player and someone who can listen to the issues, identify the big picture, dive deep and provide recommendations
• Comfortable producing and presenting compensation materials and analysis to senior leadership
• Strong written and oral English communication skills
· Must be flexible in working with HR partners in all regions/ time zones globally
• Must be technically agile, intermediate understanding of compensation/HRIS systems
· Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
· Prior experience with Radford survey data and Workday HRIS strongly preferred
· Experience with expat / TCN compensation preferred.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.