- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Drafter to assist the professional and technical staff working for a major oil & gas client on contract basis based in Calgary.
- Collaborating with project scientists and engineers to provide a variety of figures using Excel and AutoCAD including:
- Site maps from topographic data and survey field notes;
- Key plans, site plans, site design drawings and cross-sections;
- Groundwater flow diagrams, including performing various calculations;
- Managing workload commitments by following an established workflow and data management process;
- Preparing various types of borehole logs, using specific logging software;
- Taking responsibility for product quality control by adhering to company standards and procedures and paying diligent attention in both the creation of draft figures and any edits necessary for finalization.
You will have to possess the following qualifications:
- A technical diploma or industry-recognized training in AutoCAD and other relevant software;
- Detail-orientated, with a strong commitment to following a prescribed set of standards and procedures;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize and respond to multiple requests;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- Knowledge or experience with MS Access or other relational databases, .NET, C# or C , environmental data management programs such as EQuIS, AutoCAD Map, Autodesk Civil 3D, Raster Design, AutoLisp, and AutoCAD Visual Basic for Applications are desirable but not mandatory.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.