- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Mining Technician / Engineer to join our team in a full-time position.
The successful candidate will provide analysis, planning, input to design, and construction expertise for mining and tunneling projects. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your mining/ surveying/ structural design skills and knowledge to a variety of projects.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in various aspects of proposal preparation, technical report writing, and project planning, analysis, design, and construction
- Inspection of underground concrete and steel structures
- Design of underground structures and ground support
- Underground surveying such as control point installation, topographic surveys and stake outs
- Operation and maintenance of small tools and equipment typical of an underground construction site
- Literature review of novel tunneling and shaft sinking materials or processes
- Quality control and quality assurance during mine access and tunneling projects including site reporting
- A Bachelor's degree in Mining, Civil or Geological engineering or an equivalent field of study
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or the ability to complete the exam within 6 months of start date
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to complete engineering calculations and analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and on teams
- Significant travel to remote project sites within North America and internationally
- Hands on participation in underground construction projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
- Experience with proposal preparation, engineering design, technical writing, project reporting and construction management
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Underground construction project experience in mining or civil engineering (tunneling)
- AutoCAD / VULCAN / Microstation / MathCAD / RocLab / MS Project / Structural Engineering Finite Element Programs / Visual Basic skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.