- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We are seeking a Co-op student for our Air Group in our Calgary, AB office to complete an 8 month term from January 2020 to August 2020.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with intermediate and senior staff in all aspects of project work including documentation review, Greenhouse Gas emission calculations and reporting
- Review, understand, and interpret provincial and federal acts and regulations
- Data compilation interpretation and evaluation against relevant regulations
- Assisting with GHG emission calculations
- Perform field work including stack testing and ambient air monitoring
- Assisting with air quality monitoring and emissions reports
The successful candidate will have the following interests and qualifications:
- Pursuing a degree in Chemical / Environmental Engineering or Science
- Understanding of chemical process, unit operations, heat and mass balance.
- Stack testing and air monitoring
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word for compliance level report writing
- Able and willing to work outdoors in adverse conditions performing stack emissions testing
- This position requires significant travel.
- No aversion to heights and high noise areas and able to carry heavy equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle at your disposal
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
More search results
Manager, Stakeholder & Community Outreach
City of Toronto
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering