- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
As a Project Manager - IT, you will join the IT team to manage medium to large-scale projects working collaboratively with the service delivery IT team, vendors, and technical resources. The Project Manager - IT will ensure that the projects meet and follow our client standards while ensuring successful implementation.
This job is based in Montreal.
Job responsibilities and requirements
Plans, directs and coordinates complex infrastructure project activities and resources to ensure project goals are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality
- Prepares and implements detailed project plans, including definition of scope, requirements, objectives, resource allocation and task schedules and milestones
- Provides direction, prioritization and conflict resolution in managing project teams to accomplish project objectives
- Demonstrated project and risk management skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities, resources, customers and management with a focus on consistency and accuracy
- Independent thinking, objective analysis and decision-making abilities
- Microsoft suite of products including: Project, Excel, Visio
- Fluent in French and English
- Strong interpersonal skills a must, including presentation, meeting facilitation and team-building techniques
- Provides focus and direction on one or more moderately complex projects. Provides project management oversight and directly influences activities on business-critical projects from conceptual phase through implementation, under limited supervision. Serves as single point of contact and interfaces with all areas affected by projects, including business owners and system management on behalf of project owner
- Ensures goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame, within budgeted expenses allocated. Adheres to PMI-based project management and uses established best practices to ensure delivery of project goals and objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as assures compliance with all project management processes
Qualifications and Experience
Expert knowledge and use of formal project management methodology and application of the PMBOK, as well as industry-standard trends and best practices in project management. Keen ability to work with others in order to achieve a common goal, resolve conflicts and manage cross-functional and external relationships; demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence without authority. Generates buy-in for ideas by presenting solid arguments and leveraging available support
- Documented history of leadership skills exemplified by significant contributions to a positive work environment, instilling a ?sense of urgency” and motivating others. Contributes to a positive work environment; brings energy to the team; ability to inspire others to work toward goals. Advanced ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritizing and making timely decisions; correlates data using standard business tools and approaches, spots trends and applies sound risk management principles. Strong ability to correlate related information, spot trends in data, isolate root causes, and draws logical conclusions
- Documented experience in outstanding oral and written communications with all levels of stakeholders from various cross-functional and support staff to senior-level executives. Clearly expresses complete technical concepts to meet the content needs of the audience. Self-starter with initiative, follow through, attention to detail, and ability to work independently in meeting various project- and cost-related deadlines and milestones.
Experience managing IT projects
- Experience managing workstations migrations , software and IT infrastructure deployment projects and software upgrade
- Ability to work with non-dedicated project (people) resources (shared with operations)
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience equal to 7+ years, including project management and/or business administration.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred