- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is looking for a Senior Engineering Design Project Manager to join our brand new modern head office located in Waterloo, ON. As a Senior Engineering Design Project Manager, you will support internal Project Managers in all aspects of the project with a primary focus on organizing the Technical team to complete the task; control the design path, solve problems, and hold responsibility for the design in achieving the final result.
- Work closely with Project Managers on all major project functions, with a primary focus on managing the technical project team
- Coordinate technical team leads of the different design disciplines
- Develop or verify the technical scope of a project
- Manage project budget and schedule
- Oversee the engineering schedule in collaboration with the Project Manager and design discipline leads
- Lead design coordination meetings and address critical issues that impact external partners
- Work closely with the engineering group to facilitate decision-making related to design, the choice of process and equipment and day-to-day problems
- Ensure the client’s requirements including specifications and standards are integrated into the project
- Ensure quality controls processes are being followed
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- Partner with the Project Manager the budget and schedule on a regular basis, identifying gaps and providing solutions to achieving the scope, budget and schedule requirements
- Serve as liaison between the site and engineering disciplines during construction and oversee the review of shop drawings
Your Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (B.Sc.) degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- Minimum of 15+ years' of broad and extensive technical, administrative and project experience
- Experience in managing the design delivery for larger, multi-discipline projects specifically for industrial/process plants, facilities, or buildings
- Experience in Water/Wastewater Treatment, Solid Waste, or Transportation Infrastructure industries, either for private or public clients, is considered an asset
- Knowledge of scheduling software and engineering and capital cost estimating techniques is a definite asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to deal with uncertainty, changing and multiple priorities
- Strong leadership, team building and mentoring skills
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
More search results
Manager, Stakeholder & Community Outreach
City of Toronto
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering