- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Environmental Scientist to join our team in a Full-Time position at our Victoria, Texas office.
Your primary responsibilities may include:
- Perform field-based tasks such as multi-media sampling; soil boring and monitoring well installations; lithologic logging; and aquifer testing;
- Collect and manage field and analytical data from investigations. Interpret hydrogeological information and develop conceptual site models (CSMs) for assessment and remediation projects;
- Write technical reports;
- Coordinate with contractors (e.g., drillers and analytical laboratories) to support project-specific objectives;
- Communicate with project managers, team members and clients; and
- Mentor junior staff and oversee preparation of their reports and calculations .
- BS in Geology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Professional Geologist designation, or ability to obtain registration, in the relevant jurisdiction(s).
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Ability to perform field-based tasks.
- Availability for overnight travel.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- MS in Geology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Experience with implementation of assessment, investigation, remediation and monitoring tasks related to environmental projects.
- Experience in environmental consulting.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
- Option to purchase shares in Golder.
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golderâ€™s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.