- WALNUT CREEK,CA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Electrical Engineer (intermediate level) to join our Walnut Creek, CA or Houston, TX office.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in the design of electrical power supply systems in oil, gas, mining, slurry and tailings pipeline projects
- Contribute to projects with a major focus on project delivery, identifying potential problems and managing client expectations
- Prepare specifications, reports, calculations, and technical evaluations
- Support the Senior Engineer
- Provide direction and markups to CAD drafters on equipment layouts, single line diagrams, connection diagrams, grounding, conduit, etc.
- Provide quality checks
- Provide engineering support during construction
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- An expert level of specialist skills in the principles of low and medium voltage power systems in oil, gas, mining or other process oriented industries.
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience in the oil, gas, mining or other process oriented industry (gas and mining experience preferred)
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- PE license or ability to obtain a license in next two years
- Experience designing low and medium voltage systems including transformers, switchgear, generators, and power design to industrial equipment
- Power system design experience in hazardous classified areas
- Field experience in checkout, start-up and commissioning of industrial electrical systems
- Engineering experience in the manufacturing, mining, or petrochemical industries
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golderâ€™s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.