- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our team on a full-time basis based in Mississauga. The successful candidate will report on a day-to-day basis to the Project Accounting Supervisor and will interact with and receive regular feedback from other members of the Golder Associates Finance and Accounting Team.
An overview of your role will include:
- Work with Project Managers/Coordinators to setup new projects within the accounting system
- Make changes to existing projects in the accounting system including new phases, budgets, rates, etc.
- Close projects when requested by the Project Manager/Coordinator after reconciling WIP and budgets
- Maintain billing times
- Input unit pricing charges (phone, photocopy, equipment, etc.) before running prebills
- Provide Project Managers/Coordinators with timely and accurate prebills at month-end, make changes on prebills per Project Managerâ€™s instructions, print final invoices, and mail invoices with backup when required
- Work with Project Managers/Coordinators, Project Accounting Supervisor, and Office Manager as needed with the A/R collections process
- Identify and comply with special billing requirements
- Assist local Project Accounting Supervisor in monitoring, reviewing, and correcting WIP discrepancies
You will have a background in:
- A bachelorâ€™s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in project accounting (as described above) is preferred
- A proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications required â€" intermediate knowledge of Excel is required
- BST project accounting experience or similar project cost accounting system (i.e. Oracle, Deltek, etc.) experience is desired
- Prior accounting experience with a professional services/consulting, architect or law firm is an asset
- Our ideal candidate will possess the ability to work independently and well under pressure
- Ability to work with remote teams
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canadaâ€™s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golderâ€™s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.