- PALM BEACH GARDENS,FL
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an experienced corporate attorney to join our mergers and acquisitions team as Senior Mergers and Acquisition Counsel as we implement our global strategy. Secondary responsibilities may include providing legal support to other key company operations and functions. In this pivotal role in our organization, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues from around the globe in a dynamic and collegial work environment. You will report directly to our Chief Legal Officer and will have extensive engagement with other corporate executives, including the CEO.
Our Senior Mergers and Acquisition Counsel will possess the education, training and experience needed to lead the legal aspects of Golderâ€™s strategic mergers, acquisitions and related transactions and will work collaboratively with Golderâ€™s M&A team from pipeline and planning stages through and including deal negotiation and execution.
Responsibilities of the role will include :
- Conducting diligence investigations and preparing and negotiating confidentiality agreements
- Term sheets
- Expressions of interest
- Letters of intent
- Employment agreements and definitive transaction agreements.
- Tasks will also include managing outside legal advisors.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- 10 years of substantive mergers and acquisitions experience including cross-border experience
- Experience leading engineering/consulting (professional services) M&A transaction
- Professional engineering/consulting/construction industry experience is a plus
- Large firm and/or in-house legal department experience is a plus
- Experience preparing, reviewing, negotiating and advising on all forms of M&A agreements and deal structures
- Strong legal research and writing and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- A solutions-oriented, team-player
- Experience working in a complex organization with multiple constituencies
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the capacity to be a trusted advisor
- Self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Corporate and or employee-owned company securities experience is an added advantage
Your benefits at Golder will include:
â€¢ Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
â€¢ Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
â€¢ Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
â€¢ Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
â€¢ On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golderâ€™s 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.