- New York,NY
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Tax - Senior Associate
Our client responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership, taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Previous tax return review experience.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Fast-Tax software, and CCH.
- CPA preferred.
- Two to four years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience. Previous partnership tax return review experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.