- New York,NY
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
Summary:Our Client has opened a new Digital Innovation Lab (DIL) in NYC that’s dedicated to creating engaging and innovative consumer experiences across all of our digital products and services. And they’re going to help grow the DIL.
Goals of the Digital Innovation Lab in NYC:
- Bring community & collaboration features to digital products and services;
- Build empowered teams of high functioning ICs;
- Rethinking about how we do digital experiences;
- Grow our client's presence in New York’s technology community
As our client's Sr. Cloud Services Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing innovative and highly scalable microservices to support native mobile experiences.
In this role, you will be:
- Innovating, architecting, designing and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible projects that directly impact the customer experience;
- Contributing ideas for new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively;
- Collaborating with mobile development and product team members to design, develop, and deploy highly scalable experience APIs and services;
- Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute unique and innovative programs;
- Writing clean, tested, and well-documented code.
- Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience;
- Experience developing highly scalable APIs and services;
- Experience writing Python microservices and/or RESTful APIs;
- Experience with DynamoDB;
- Working knowledge of AWS, preferably building on top of AWS Lambda;
- Ability to work closely with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams;
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase;
- Comfortable working within a exciting fast-paced environment;
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions;
- Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects.