- Alexco Environmental Group Inc.
- Job Category
- Job Type
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Project Controls Specialist I is responsible to provide project management and project controls support including scheduling, forecasting and cost reporting for various projects in Canada.
- Support the project team on the development, maintenance and administration of project schedules, cost estimates, forecasts and reports.
- Assist in the Project Management of task managers and sub-consultants.
- Create, maintain and administrate cost forecasting/reporting to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
- Track, report and analyze cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting.
- Prepare status reports and other related project planning and control documentation.
- Suggests methods to improve project plan and mitigate schedule slippage. Identifies trends, areas of concerns and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Development and implementation of internal resourcing tools to support resource
- allocation across the teams within AEG.
- Supporting and communicating with other project managers on scheduling and resource
- requirements within the different groups of the Company.
- Technical input to the projects (within your area(s) of expertise), as part of our project
- management team.
- Interfacing with federal, territorial and First Nation government departments and
- personnel on projects as directed by your manager.
- Supports risk analysis with project management.
- Complete other projects, reporting and tasks as assigned.
- All other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, natural science or business administration
- Minimum 5 years of project management and project controls experience.
- Experience working in environmental consulting or project consulting setting.
- Project Management Professional or an AACE certification will be considered an asset.
AEG has offices in Colorado (Denver, Canon City, and Fort Collins) and Canada (Saskatoon, Toronto, Vancouver and Whitehorse) and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alexco Resource Corp. We offer our employees an excellent total rewards experience, which not only includes pay and benefits, but also includes your personal development and growth. We believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and to help make an impact on the sustainability of the environment.
Alexco Environmental Group believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.
- Bachelor's degree or better in Business Administration
- Bachelor's degree or better in Engineering