- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The primary responsibility of the Contracts Manager is to provide full life-cycle contract management to support FLIR’s Government and Defense Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides domain expertise in contract management
- 8-15 years of Administering Government and Commercial contracts and monitors contract performance
- Acts as focal point for contractual communications and commitments
- Assures compliance with applicable federal regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Reviews Requests for Proposals and participates in preparing compliant proposal responses
- Negotiates proposals within business goals and documents substance of discussions, agreements and results
- Reviews contractual documents for accuracy, performance risk, and conformance with contract terms, conditions, and other provisions including applicable federal regulations and business team objectives prior to signature / acceptance
- Works as a key member of program teams to ensure contract requirements are fully understood and executed
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding contract issues, audits, and compliance requirements
- Manages contract change process and works with Program Management, Engineering, Finance, and other disciplines to mitigate performance risk
- Advises and supports business team on issues / developments relative to assigned contracts
- Monitors program performance for scope changes and takes appropriate action
- Builds customer relationships and knows customer needs and issues
- Knowledge of GSA Schedules, MA IDIQs, and GWACs
- Provides leadership, subject matter expertise and innovative recommendations to contracting or programmatic issues
- Supports overall understanding of contract operations and enterprise objectives
- This is not a supervisory role
- Must be “hands-on”
- A self-starter, capable of working well independently and remain self-motivated
- Ability to express ideas freely in group settings
- Proven ability to set and achieve short-term and long-term goals
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers on significant matters often requiring the coordination and collaboration of activity across organizational lines
- Able to evaluate the credibility of various concepts
- Ability to train and educate others across organizational lines
- Demonstrates exemplary attention to detail and research skills
- Is able to prioritize/re-prioritize with changing goals
- Demonstrates proven ability to initiate and successfully implement new ideas that increase organizational efficiency and support business objectives
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain/maintain a government security clearance, if required
- Travel will be required
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree with minimum of 8-15 years US Government contracting experience
- Advanced degree desired
- 8-15 years of knowledge and experience with reviewing Government RFPs/Solicitations/RFQs; as well as, RFI/Source Sought/Market Research Notices
- Thorough working knowledge of the FAR, DFARS and other supplements
- Working experience with DoD, DHS, International entities, and FMS/FMF contracting
- Familiar with ERP systems and revenue recognition concepts
- Certified Federal Contact Manager (CFCM) desired.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.