Consumables Operator - Assembly / Packaging-Temp
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Fabricate, inspect, and package chemical-based products.
- Manual assembly and packaging of products
- Organize materials and work areas
- Maintain, clean, repair and adjust production/laboratory equipment
- Suggest items for “Continuous Improvement” initiative
- High School diploma or GED
- Three or more years of experience in an assembly or production environment
- Ability to safely handle lab equipment/tools and chemicals
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Excellent communication skills; ability to follow written Standard Operating Procedures and verbal instructions
- Good manual dexterity and ability to handle repetitive tasks
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds from ground to table height
- Ability to perform both standing or sitting work
- Good organizational skills
- Computer proficient (i.e. Microsoft Office) with ability to maintain accurate production records
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- Associate’s degree
- Experience or background in chemistry/biology
- Experience with lab equipment and tools for handling and mixing chemicals
- Knowledge of LEAN thinking and assembly practices
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn new work operations quickly
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.