- West Perth,WA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Principal Geochemist to join our team on a full-time basis, based in Brisbane, Perth or Newcastle to deliver geochemistry solutions to our clients and grow our geochemistry business.
You will have a track record in building teams, collaborating globally, and have experience in mining operations. You will be expected to lead and do technical work, mentor professionals and leverage the considerable experience of our leading, global, technical community within Golder.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide consultancy services and technical deliverables to existing and new clients;
- Provide project and technical direction locally and regionally. This would include client development, mentoring and technical development of others;
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams, provide technical input on mine management and closure related issues, as well as areas related to contaminated land and infrastructure;
- Increase the client base by introducing new clients or expanding contacts within existing clients through active business development with others in the company
- Where appropriate, guiding the successful delivery of the project
- You will be expected to be the lead and have a key client facing role as an experienced professional who knows how to understand the client's needs, guide their expectations and then deliver a solution
- The overall development and leadership of geochemical services in Australia
- Actively participate in and contribute to the leadership of the Golder international geochemistry technical community
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree, (or strong familiarity) in the following disciplines: (geo)chemistry, geology, or earth science.
- Familiarity with contaminated sites source remediation and acid sulfate soils assessment, would be an asset.
- Leading expertise in one of the following is expected:
- Mine waste characterization and management including static and kinetic test interpretation, acid and metalliferous load prediction and movement of air and water through mine waste; or
- Environmental geochemistry including water quality modelling, water treatment and source remediation and acid sulfate soils assessment, management and remediation is desirable
- Previous consulting experience
- Sound project direction and/or management skills with previous consulting experience
- Strong and demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Scientifically minded and practical, dynamic, pro-active, curious, and capable to work independently
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people - we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.