Intermediate Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Engineer / Specialist
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Intermediate Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Engineer / Specialist to join our Acoustics, Noise & Vibration team on a Full-Time basis located in our Mississauga office (other Ontario offices are possible for the right candidate). The focus of this position will be on working with multi-disciplinary teams on a broad range of projects both in the field and in the office including environmental noise and vibration studies and building acoustics related projects.
An overview of your role will include:
- Working with clients to develop solutions for their concerns related to acoustics, noise and vibration;
- Development of new business opportunities;
- Management of projects of various sizes (local, national and international) - writing proposal, tracking budgets and invoicing;
- Carrying out site work to gather noise and vibration data;
- Assembling data for analysis and presentation in reports (namely noise and vibration modelling, data analysis and emission inventory development);
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems and tools that support the operations of the Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Group;
- Interface and collaborating with clients and other technical staff in Ontario and across Canada
- Supervise, train and mentor junior staff;
- Demonstrating a "Safety First" attitude and acting as a role model to other staff; and
- Maintaining a high standard of ethical behaviour to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrating a commitment to Golder's Culture, Core Values and Code of Conduct
You will have to possess the following qualifications :
- Relevant University Degree in engineering, physics, or equivalent education and experience;
- 5 - 10 years previous experience working in the environmental sciences profession
- Experience with environmental noise and vibration, including:
- Preparation of Acoustic Assessment Reports and Noise Abatement Action Plans for the Ontario Ministry of Environment Conservation and Parks (MECP) or similar agencies;
- Understanding of Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal laws, other regulations, and guidelines pertaining to noise and vibration;
- Land-use planning experience, including noise and vibration impact studies for residential developments;
- ISO 9613 noise prediction modelling with software such as Cadna/A;
- Experience with architectural acoustic and vibration design, including:
- Evaluating, specifying, and designing noise and vibration controls for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems;
- Sound isolation design for wall and floor-ceiling systems;
- Room acoustics design for reverberation control and speech privacy/intelligibility.
- Experience using sound level meters, accelerometers and data acquisition systems;
- Well-developed computer skills-programming in Labview, Visual Basic, C , or MATLAB would be an asset;
- Willingness and ability to carry out field work, local or internationally as needed, at various project sites (e.g., industrial, mining, aggregate, oil & gas, power generation, etc.) under all weather conditions and at varying times of the day;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Self-motivated and have the ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize;
- Possess strong critical analysis and reporting skills;
- Have the ability to work in a collegial environment;
- Membership with PEO would be an asset; and
- Valid Ontario driver's license and vehicle.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.