- West Perth,WA
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior Civil Design Draftsperson to join our Mine Waste team on a full-time contract basis based in Perth.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Work on a range of civil / geotechnical engineering projects with a focus on tailings storage facilities, landfills and mine closure, under direction and with review from seniors;
- Combine various details from sketches, and drawings and make required calculations;
- Prepare figures and sketches for reports and presentations;
- Prepare detailed engineering drawings (concept to detailed design and construction issue);
- Assist with some aspects of three-dimensional geometric design modelling and quantities analyses;
- Work with other staff in the team to coordinate completion of deliverables;
- Adhere to Golder's quality standards and procedures and complete work within standards of time, cost and quality.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- A relevant Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Computer Aided Design or Civil Engineering (or equivalent qualification);
- Some civil drafting or design experience (using AutoCAD Civil 3D, or similar software package);
- Expected to recognize limitations of personal experience and seek guidance and assistance from others when required;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with general guidance from seniors;
- High attention to detail and time management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use initiative, discretion and sound judgement in carrying out assigned duties;
- Ability to make decisions within established guidelines, and responsible and accountable for own work within established routines, methods and procedures;
- Work involves the application of knowledge with strengths / interests in some areas and a broad range of skills.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people, we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies