- Altec Industries, Inc.
- St Joseph,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
There are opportunities for Welders on 2 nd and/or 3 rd shifts at Altec in St. Joseph, Missouri - voted #1 employer!
- High School diploma or GED
- Welding knowledge through experience or vocational school training
- Ability to pass a preliminary weld test and ability to complete AWS D1.1 Code certification within 60 days after being placed in a welding position.
- Able and willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Welding, cutting and/or fabrication of metal parts
- Wire feed welding, MIG or TIG welding
- Welds using M-I-G processes and with a torch welder
- Demonstrated ability to burn using a hand torch
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools
- Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components - large and small - onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, hand tools.
- Performs re-work as required
- Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards
- Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Building on 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.