- Golder Associates
- Australia / Perth,WA
- Job Category
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder currently has an opportunity for a Senior Civil Design Draftsperson interested in joining our Mine Waste team based in our Perth office.
In this role, you will work on a range of civil / geotechnical engineering projects with a focus on tailings storage facilities, landfills and mine closure. Your responsibilities will be under direction and with review from seniors. Your work will form part of our deliverables including proposals, reports and presentations to clients.
To be successful in this role you will possess a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Computer Aided Design or Civil Engineering (or equivalent qualification) and possess the required skills. Civil drafting and design experience within a consulting environment (using AutoCAD Civil 3D, or similar software package) will be regarded highly, but is not essential.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Undertaking civil/geotechnical drawings (concept to detailed design and construction issue) on a range of geotechnical and civil design projects, with a focus on tailings storage facilities;
- Developing 3D models on a range of civil and mining infrastructure projects and able to perform quantities analyses;
- Preparing bill of quantities based on the designs;
- Preparation of figures for reports and presentations;
- Perform scaling, dimensioning, or line locating according to standard industry procedures;
- Combine various details from sketches, and drawings and makes required calculations
- Oversees the preparation of diagrams and layouts;
- Provides assistance involving design problems and makes recommendations to key stakeholders;
- Mentoring and training of more junior employees
- Assist in developing and advancing the drafting skills within the Perth office and nationally;
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A relevant Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Computer Aided Design or Civil Engineering (or equivalent qualification);
- Solid civil drafting and design experience (using AutoCAD Civil 3D, or similar software package);
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment;
- High attention to detail and time management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use initiative, discretion and sound judgement in carrying out assigned duties;
- Ability to make decisions within established guidelines, and responsible and accountable for own work within established routines, methods and procedures;
- Work involves the application of knowledge with strengths / interests in some areas and a broad range of skills
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.