DAS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Job ID: 3247
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
DAS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Program Coordinator is responsible for performing project coordination duties to support the development and management of a variety of capital planning, capital improvement and investment programs across the Province. The role provides expertise, advice and support to the Manager and other stakeholders in the planning, execution and management of capital implementation programs, the Building Condition Assessment program and production of the annual Capital Plan and quarterly reporting of the Facility Condition Index.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Diploma or degree in business administration, project management or other relevant discipline, including courses in project coordination
- Minimum three years progressive related experience in project or program coordination. Previous experience in housing, construction or capital planning preferred.
- Courses related to the housing, real estate development and/or construction industry is an asset
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices associated with project management processes and business administration
- Sound knowledge and understanding of database management, asset planning applications, and business tools, templates and processes to support project management functions
- Some knowledge of and expertise in relevant business enterprise applications and proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Office, MS Project and Visio
- Some knowledge and understanding of building construction and repair requirements
- Working knowledge and understanding of legal agreements and legal instruments;
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment, including working under the direction of multiple people
- Ability to plan and manage small projects or portions of larger projects, assign work to team members and lead projects to successful conclusion
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure in meeting deadlines and changing priorities, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of work
- Ability to provide presentations to larger groups of people
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of audiences
- Strong initiative and follow through skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, conceptual thinking, planning, organization and project leadership skills
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
More search results
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dean of the Faculty of Nursing
Director, Yellow House, Centre for Student Equity…
Queen's University - 314263
Assistant Vice-President, Business Development an…