MANAGER, PROJECT PLANNING
Job ID: 3251
Location: BURNABY , BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
MANAGER, PROJECT PLANNING:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Planning, the Manager, Project Planning manages the prioritization and planning of multi-year projects, creating project scopes and plans for the renewal of the provincial social housing stock. The incumbent develops and maintains the Provincial Priority List. The Manager ensures that the Provincial Priority List is reflective of the most critical needs of the housing stock and that its implementation will enable the stock’s long-term sustainability while achieving government and corporate objectives for condition, health and safety and energy use. The incumbent facilitates an assessment program of the social housing stock, ensuring that building condition data is current and accurate.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Applied technology degree in architecture, engineering, building technology or related field from a recognized technical college or university.
- Considerable experience in capital planning with responsibility for multiple real estate assets in the public sector, including experience associated with the financial management of capital infrastructure or comparable areas of responsibility, including annual budgetary planning.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of capital planning strategies, models, practices and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of the strategies and practices pertaining to the planning, design, construction and renovation of multiple unit residential design.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of building codes, building design, and principles and practices related to the construction, development, remediation and renovation of multi-unit residential buildings.
- Working knowledge of program and project management with respect to managing significant assessment, repair and renovation construction projects.
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs and operating requirements.
- Working knowledge of project and contract management practices.
- Ability to develop cash flows and budgets and plan and coordinate the implementation of program activities, analyze and solve issues and make timely decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, coordinate work with others and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with contracted services, association representatives, other government agencies (local and provincial) and the public.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team settingand provide direction to contracted consultants
- Well-developed supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed negotiation, conflicet resolution, problem solving and project management skills.
- Intermediate level skills in relevant softwre applications applicable to the work
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.