- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This position will design, develop and implement global benefit and wellness programs (in 30+ countries) that support the philosophy and culture of the organization while ensuring the programs are locally competitive, cost effective and compliant. The successful candidate is able to collaborate with local resources to design programs and is willing to roll up their sleeves to implement the solutions. This is a hands-on position working with their team to successfully implement programs globally (two and half benefit professionals, a wellness manager and two fitness center/wellness specialists). The position is a blend of day to day responsibilities in benefits administration as well as a strategic component to evaluate existing and new programs in support of benefits philosophy. The position will manage our global benefits plans and will work closely with global HR team, benefits brokers in various countries and all levels of employees.
Must be familiar with self-funded plans and be able to work closely with Accounting and brokers to track and understand the overall benefits spend by country. The position will work closely with Mercer, third-party enrollment vendor and HRIS to manage the technology platform and enable the HR Shared Service Center to answer employee inquiries and escalations. Also designs and delivers global wellness initiatives. Must be a strong proponent of wellness to drive wellness across the company.
- Manage and lead the implementation, oversight and maintenance of cutting-edge benefits programs, policies, plans and processes for global employees
- Review and propose global benefits plans to leverage the global buying power of Mercer and FLIR, and make recommendations to consolidate/enhance where possible with an eye on cost containment
- Work closely with brokers globally to conduct benchmark analysis to identify trends in industry and competitors to provide competitive benefits plan on a global basis
- Work with third-party enrollment vendor to implement and manage the USA platform for all health and welfare plans and resolve any issues, whether related to escalated employee inquiry, data file, access, reporting, etc.
- Ensure compliance with global and local requirements such as ACA and other federal/state requirements in the USA as needed. File all 5500’s with support from vendor partners for H&W plans as well as retirement plans
- Work closely with internal Accounting and broker partners to track benefits spend and analyze trends for all lines of coverage, including self-funded plans. Must have attention to detail and high data accuracy.
- Implement and manage wellness committee across FLIR to educate, motivate and champion wellness initiatives to achieve cost reduction, better health and work life balance.
- Actively drive the USA annual open enrollment process, involved in all phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication plan, conducting employee meetings, etc.
- Manage the US 401k plan from administration, compliance, testing as well as coordinating with the Retirement Administrative Committee and investment advisors in USA and Canada.
- Assists with the administration of the worker’s comp plan with Risk/Finance team and interface with third party leave administrator for US-based leaves of absence
- Completes due diligence for any mergers and acquisition activities to identify risks and integration opportunities.
- Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Requires a BA/BS, preferably in HR or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing global benefits with multi-national employers
- Passion for everything benefits related
- Driven to create an amazing customer experience across the organization
- Experience creating and driving a thriving wellness program required
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills, able to interface with employees at all levels
- Strong project management skills having managed significant benefits projects
- Strong work ethic and a drive to execute by established deadlines
- Ability to make sound judgement calls with an ability to balance the needs of the company and those of the employee base
- Must be a consummate professional, team player who can build strong relationships with the global HR team and other departments
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Experience with Workday desired
- Experience with BusinessSolver or other platform a strong plus
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification preferred
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.