- Best Buy Canada
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
In the Multi-Channel Logistics department, Analyst are encourage to bring ideas forward of what is best in class for the retail, distribution, transportation and e-commerce areas of business. It also brings a unique opportunity for those who are experts in the field to improve the customer experience, provide incremental financial value to the department and have a direct impact in an ideal day of a shipping experience at Best Buy Canada.
At a high level, this role responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and providing support and feedback in all Multi-channel Logistics processes. This includes labour standards/cost impact of various process implementations or changes and capacity constraint identification.
In more detail…. responsibilities include:
- Analyze work flows and capital resources and identify more effective method of meeting business requirements
- Assess techniques, staffing, and equipment to determine production rates and capacities
- Monitor work samples, work flow, methods of production and operator techniques and provide input for improved standard operating principles
- Evaluate process and provide suggestions that results in increase in productivity.
- Recommend changes to work methods, safety measures, and labor organization.
- Collect and compile data and perform statistical analysis
- Perform capacity modeling and quantitative analysis to forecast space and labour requirement
- Map and document processes, identify process gaps and non-value added activities
- Assist the MCL Manager and other stakeholders in the planning, delivering and supporting new MCL initiatives that drive operations efficiency and/or improve the customer experience
- Build standardized reports and scorecards that are automatically updated with minimal processing time
- Proactively identify, assess, and quantify gaps within current processes and initiatives
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field. A Masters degree is an asset
- Advanced data analysis tools (Excel, VBA, etc.)
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of SQL, Access
- 1-2 years’ experience in BI platform and data visualization tools (Power BI, etc.)
- 1-2 years’ experience using Visio, process flow design
- Experience in manufacturing logistics, or distribution in a fast paced, high volume environment is a plus.