- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The FLIR Corporate Sales Tax department is seeking a team player to assist with all phases of the sales, use and property tax compliance process for multiple legal entities. Reconciliation of tax General Ledger accounts, working with both internal and external customers to ensure adequate exemption documentation, research state regulations and assist with special projects.
- Monthly preparation and review of sales and use tax returns
- Monthly sale tax liability, use tax accruals & reconciliations
- Business Personal Property tax reporting and review
- Maintenance of sales tax exemption certificates via Vertex & Cert Capture
- Approval of sales tax adjustments
- Provide tax support to internal and external customers
- Research sales and use tax issues
- Processing of tax payments via Dolphin
- Assist with additional projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance, or Associates + 2 years of experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Strong work ethic, one who takes initiative and ownership of work
- Analytical, able to see the “big picture” in assessing solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Willingness to learn
- Prior sales tax experience preferred but not required. Prior AP or AR experience working with sales tax issues in lieu of sales tax experience helpful.
- Familiarity with SAP, Vertex O Series & Indirect Tax Returns, Cert Capture & Dolphin a plus
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Manager, Stakeholder & Community Outreach
City of Toronto
Vice President, Finance, Corporate Controller
Tenure-Track, Tenured Faculty Position, Departmen…
Queen's University - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering