- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Drafter to join our Mine Waste Division at the Vancouver office.
The incumbent will draft new drawings, original layouts, charts, diagrams or maps from scratch using computer aided tools from sketches, key plans, site plans, and layouts in order to support proposals, reports and presentations.
An overview of your role will include:
- Inputting field data and complete various basic data entry tasks.
- Reading and utilizing topographic survey data and notes from the field and consultants.
- Performing routine and basic calculations (area, distance, converting units and coordinate systems).
- Completing drawing revisions.
- Preparing new drawings and editing existing drawings (plans, cross sections profiles and details).
- Inputting field notes into drawing base plans for proposals, reports and presentations.
- Following appropriate standards and procedures to ensure quality of results with adherence to corporate standards, processes and best practices.
- Working with and supporting other Golder employees in the field or office.
- Executing drafting work under the direction of more experienced Golder employees.
- Connecting with colleagues and supervisors to inform them of availability, progress of deliverables, and managing backlog.
- Assisting other team members as appropriate or directed.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.